Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Darkness and more Darkness

I don't know what time it is.  Early morning or heck, it could be 4:30 in the afternoon it is dark so much these days!

I woke up itching - from that unknown cause that 3 doctors could not solve - so I got up and took 2 pills.  Hopefully by the time I get through reading blogs and writing this post, they will have started to ease the itching.

I have really been feeling the cold. It has been coldish and raining off and on for several days.  I was in the shower the other day just standing in the hot water letting the heat seep through to my bones when I realized how cold I had been.   It's unusual for me.  I'm always the hottest person in the room - from the diabetes or medicine I suspect.

I tried sleeping with the electric blanket on this week but I didn't care for it. Buddy liked the heat coming up through the blanket and bed spread though.  He is so funny.  He loves when he sees me getting his sweater out.  He runs to put it on.  I try to take it off at night or when he is burrowed under his blanket.  I worry when I see him all twisted up in the sweater sometimes.

The oldest Grand Girl has a birthday this week.  She turns 8.  Two of my nephews and both of my parents, now deceased, also have/had December birthdays.  I hate that the glow of Christmas takes some of the specialness away from her day.

The little girls spent the night with me after the Family Get Together.  The oldest fell asleep right away but the youngest was wound up like a top.  I took a nice nap after they left.  My son said he really appreciated a night off.  His friends wanted him to go out while he was childless but he just wanted to sleep. Hahaha. Parenthood will wear you out.


Snuggle Buddies


I'm listening to the new John Grisham, The Whistler.  So far it has not been one of my favorites but I've been know to say that about a book that ended up a favorite so we'll see.

That's all I've got.  Hope you're snug as a bug in a rug. 

9 comments:

  1. Your little sweeties are gorgeous. Luucky you.

    I am cold these days too, Barbara. I'm blaming the temperature change from temps in the forties to the twenties now. I seem to have a chill and can't warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send all those sweaters and electric blankets up here to me please! It's -20 this morning and will be -30 by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the darkness that gets to me even more than the cold. Thank goodness for Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughters are so cute, Barbara. I love that sweet photo of the three of you. I know what you mean about standing under the hot water in the shower and just letting it soak into your bones. I've been feeling the same way. It's been very damp here and that seems to make me feel even colder. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute snuggle buddies. Bet they kept you warm. I sure do hate it getting dark so quick also. Makes for really short days. I like winter and the cold. I dress in layers even in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snuggle buddies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I like a duvet better than a heating blanket. Much lighter. Buddy is funny. Happy birthday to your birthday girl. Enjoy. My birthdays are in Srpt. although I have one in Jan. After that none til mine in May and then summer birthdays keep me broke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel to cold more now too this time of year. I usually am a furnace but when the weather is damp, the cold seeps into my bones. I had to laugh at your comment about Buddy. Our cat Doofy has been burrowing in the blankets and the dog's quilt. Well that or curled up near the fire. :) I'm so glad you got some time with the grandgirls...how special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your giggly grands are very cute! I hope you saw a dermatologist who specializes in skin conditions (rather than one that specializes in esthetics). It took me 7 DRs to figure out what was causing my itching which was driving me mad. The medical dermatologist knew immediately when she saw me and confirmed with a patch test. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete