Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Heavy Cold

Like the Queen, I am down with a heavy cold.  Do you say heavy cold?  I've always said "bad" cold.  I thought it was so funny when I first heard the news reports about the Queen but with the weight of my swollen sinuses, I'm beginning to see it could be "heavy".



I've finished about 3 weeks at my new job.  For two of those weeks the boss was out of town.  That gave me a good chance to get familiar with all the little nuances of the job.  We'll see how long I last when he gets back.

Want to hear something really interesting?  I'm nearly deaf in my left ear and I didn't know!  I knew I had trouble hearing in general but because I don't have a landline anymore, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.  When I answer the phone at the office I have to listen with my right ear.  Oh well, I knew hearing aids were in my future.  At least it won't require surgery to fix it.  Yeah!

After reading and hearing about Christmas, I can see that I made the right choice to be home alone in the quiet.  I needed my brain to rest after the first weeks at the new job plus I really don't enjoy noisy situations - even with my sweet little family.  I might have a touch of some social anxiety or might just be I've lived a quiet life so long the noise and bodies disturb me.  Anyway, the family knows I love them and accept it.

My daughter's boyfriend, who I did not get to see over the holidays, gave me some candles and Starbucks coffee for Christmas.  Now that is the kind of fella you want your daughter to marry.  If he is thoughtful enough to buy something for me, then I can be pretty sure he will treat her right.

I'm looking forward to the New Year and I have no idea why.  Just a habit?  Or hope that it will be an improvement from last year?  Don't know.  I also have a birthday coming up in February.  I'll be 67.  I kind of liked 66.  It looked better when you wrote it than 67.  Hahaha.  That sound's plain old stupid but there you have it.  That's the way my brain works.



11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Barbara! Wishing you lots of fun and hijinks in 2017, especially around your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost your blog address for a while. It is snowing here today. Colds are nasty, and I hate them. Hope the new job works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon, Barbara. You are more energetic than I am. I would not want a job! I admire your energy and ability. Age is just a number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bad colds - not heavy ones. Happy New Year. I know that hearing aids are also in my future. My hubby keeps telling me so. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you get over this cold soon. I had it also and am still trying to totally recover from it. I understand about needing quiet. Jeff and I welcomed in the new year quietly here at home hot tubbing and watching a movie and I was perfectly happy doing that. :) Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, so sorry you and the Queen are suffering. Hope you are all ready feeling better. Loved the toilet paper hat. That has promise.
    Do take care of cold and hope work keeps going well. 2017 is here and offering us all a fresh start. Have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Have joined the club of "heavy cold." Hope we all feel better soon. I keep getting notices in the mail about hearing evaluations and hearing aid fittings. It's getting kind of annoying. But hearing aids are a good thing if you need them and the earlier, the better they work out. Maybe I should take advantage of an evaluation.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture! And I like 67 better. 6+7=13. 1+3=4. 4 is my lucky number! So there you go. Good luck with the new job, and I hope the cold goes away soon. I used to always come down with a bad cold when I had a new job. I think it's the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great brain. Love the photo. I'm going through tissue also. picked up a head cold that is traving to my bronchial area, Coughing hurts with these broken ribs, coughing, sneezing laughing all hurt. See I am a sad sack. My family intended to drive up here for Christmas and I said no. They are all sick with dsomething or other and I don't need it. I too like the quiet. Must be an aging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you have a cold when you are getting used to your new job! That stinks, but often happens to me when I make a big change. Right now, I'm down flat with some kind of flu--hopefully, it will pass soon. Luckily, we are having a huge weather event with snow and freezing rain, and everything is closed anyway. So, I can just lay here with no guilt:) Hope you get better really soon.

    ReplyDelete