Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, February 20, 2017

Magnolia Magazine

Woke up just a little bit, like 15 minutes, early today.  I thought about turning over and going back to sleep but Buddy starting kissing me and the only way to get away from that is to get up.

I read the new Magnolia magazine (by Chip and Joanna Gaines) last night and his piece on getting up early really hit home.  It talked about life in the country and what you see, hear and feel that is different at 4:00 am. than 8:00 am.  I lived in the country when I was in Louisiana and those descriptions really resonated with me.

I'm not sure if I'll subscribe.  It is $20 a year.  The same as what magazine used to cost when we read magazines instead of Pinterest.  I spent some time thinking about how unusual it was to start a magazine in this day and age when newsprint sources are collapsing right and left.  Gutsy.

However, the magazine was perfect for  people who especially like their show "Fixer Upper."  I love most of her decorations and the room remodels.  So, naturally the magazine appealed to me.  My sister told me my style was similar to what she did.  It surprised me that I even had a style.  Hahaha.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Grand Girls and the Grand Girl-to-be (in the striped shirt).  The look of awe and anticipation at the rides at the Rodeo.  I remember so well.  Also remember throwing up after riding one of those fast and furious rides!





5 comments:

  1. I like their show and watch news ones weekly, however they are playing it too much. HGTV has it on all day long evey day. That will certainly kill a show. They need to keep it as must see TV. I too like most of what they do. I am not a big fan of furniture that has peeling paint etc. I am not a fan of shabby chic but I think Joanna does great work! A little of Chip goes a long way for me. Sometimes it's cute sometimes it is so juvenile and his hair is always dirty. I know, I know, that shouldn't bother me, but it does. Can you read the magazine online for a smaller price perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see the sunrise occasionally. However, I am a night owl rather than an early bird. Fifteen minutes early is a lot for me. Buddy would have a hard time getting me up early.

    The grandbabies are growing up, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute girls!
    I like Fixer Upper and will have to check out at least one edition of the magazine. I still like magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B is a fan. But I suspect that those projects take a lot more money and a lot more work than they let on, so I try to stay clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind on my blog reading and I do hope you forgive me for not having visited in awhile my friend. I love Chip and Joanna Gains show and their style. Their relationship reminds me a lot of my husband and I. ;) Those grandgirls are so cute and I love the looks on their faces. Oh the wonderfulness of youth!

    ReplyDelete