Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, February 3, 2017

The Days Keep Rolling Along

Hi Folks - I've been busy.  I've been lazy.  I've thought hard and I've binge watched...... That just about covers what I've been up to.

The new job did work out.  I think I mentioned the cold I came down with.  Well it was a hum-dinger.  Nastiest phlegmiest cough and snotty nose I have ever had and all the while trying to do a new job.  The new boss told me I had to be in the hospital if I wanted two days off so guess who went to work every day.

Hahaha.  It was one of those cases that I was too sick to know how sick I was. Anyway 2 weeks into the cold I realized I wasn't putting up with this anymore and handed in my paperwork.

As soon as I got well I got depressed.  Do you daydream of winning the Lottery and all the things you will - and won't - do with the money?  Well that's kind of what I was thinking about - my little salary and the money I would no longer be earning.

You have to take the good with the bad and one day I finally shook myself  by the shoulders and said Enough of This and the best laid plans of mice and men and got it together again.

I'm still going to do something - work or volunteer - but I haven't found the right one yet.  I'll keep you up on that and the rest of the fun and exciting things rocking my life.  Until then, Buddy and I will just be taking it easy.






9 comments:

  1. Too bad about the job but it sounds like you were working for a dick anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Moby Dick. Haha. Funny post that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you managed to give that boss some of your bad cold germs before you left. He deserved them. Unfortunately, people like that are probably too mean to get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you again! Too bad the cold kept you from your job! Hope you find something soon wich satisfies your desire to be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Buddy is not holding up his end in the worry department, leaving you to carry the burden.

    It would be karmic justice if that boss came down with the full force of your cold after you left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wondered what women do while mice and men are plotting. Let me know if you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're going to be just fine, Barbara. You don't need to work for someone who is so callous. Something better will turn up. Take care of yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Susie read my mind. I was also hoping you left a pile of germs for him. The right thing will come along or it won't. Either way, I am sure Buddy is glad to have you back full time. Have your thought of dog walking or pet boarding? I have a friend who does really well house and pet sitting. She loves her job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you were sick for so long and that your now former boss was being a jerk. (((((HUGS))))) I'm glad to see you back here...I have been worried about you. I hope you and buddy take some nice quiet time to relax, cuddle and regroup. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete