Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, May 12, 2017

A Quick Check-In

Hi All,

Just a quick note to share what's been happening around here.

The Grandson is staying with me.  It's like a zoo here.  Buddy is so excited the GS is here and constantly wants to be in the GS's face.  

GS and I have finally gotten a schedule arranged since I have to drop him off at work now.  Remember my old Sentra that was being saved for him but I had to take it again after that person totaled my car in my drive way, well my Son got me another car and the GS started driving the Sentra.  It, the Sentra, lasted about a month and died on the freeway.

Getting that car towed off was quite a challenge.  Who knew no junk stores wanted a dead 1996 Nissan Sentra.  Anyway, we finally found a taker and it is in the bone yard somewhere.

My new/old car is a 2006 Honda Civic with lowish mileage.  Let's see if I can drive it for 20 years. Hahaha.

I have taken a part time job at a law firm and work the afternoons 1-5.  I've been there close to two months and it is working fine.  Four hours a day is just enough to make me feel like I got out of the house and accomplished something.

I've done very little ice dyeing or other crafts since the job and GS came into my life.  I'm sure that I will be looking for a hobby to fit into the spare time I finagle around my have-to-dos.

As I said, Buddy has been very happy but we have been fighting fleas like never before.  It's going to be a bad flea year down here.

The Grand Girls came over last weekend with their new step-sister-to-be.  I don't know how my son and his girlfriend do it.  Three girls is SO MUCH noise. Hahaha.

I've been reading blogs and keeping up with you even if I haven't been sharing.   I'll be back soon.



4 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats on the new part-time job and the new-to-you Honda! Enjoy the summer and your GS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound happier when you are working, Barbara. Enjoy the time with your GS. He'll be on his own before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are a busy lady my friend! Praying you can get a handle on those fleas....poor Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about your blog/you the other day and wondering what you were up to. It was nice that you commented on my blog, which prompted me to come on over and check yours out. It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy like I am. I'm glad you found a job you like. It sounds like 1/2 days are a nice compromise, and I'm sure the money comes in handy:) Glad to hear from you
    Becky

    ReplyDelete