Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, June 23, 2017

A quick update

As for the storm.  Whew!  Big to-do over nothing.  That evening the news predicted the rain would go up towards Louisiana and the winds would curl the opposite direction and head to the counties further out and for once that's pretty much what happened.  A little wind and very little rain.  Oh well, bottled water keeps well.

I did put my favorite possessions on the porch up for safekeeping but that was only after the wind blew my favorite begonia over and broke the majority of the
long stems.  I've never been good at growing begonias or geraniums so I was quite proud of this one. Well darned fool that I was, I should have been proactive and put it in a safe place.

You can bet your booty I'll be better organized if we get another warning.







4 comments:

  1. I am never upset when a storm doesn't live up to the hype. I just say dodged another bullet and am pleased I won't have to buy water for a while. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I was thinking of you and wondering how you fared with the storm. Glad it worked out as well as it did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your begonia. Happy the major storm didn't materialize and that you're fine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the storm didn't get you:)
    Hopefully, the begonia is perked up by now.
    https://beckyathome.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/saving-money-weekly-update-july-9-2017/

    ReplyDelete