Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hurricane Harvey has left the building.

I feel like I woke up in a parallel universe with the sun shining and semi-dry earth beneath my feet.

I did sleep last night and at one point my sugar must have dropped because I got up and made half a peanut butter sandwich.  (I can do that in my sleep.  Now that I think of it, night time sugar drops is a pretty good reason to keep that bread on hand.)  I feel so much better.

Thanks to each and every one of you for riding this out with me.  It was not my first rodeo/hurricane but it sure did shake me up.

Remember to keep my list handy if you have any weather disasters:

1.  Toilet Paper
2.  Puppy Pads
3.  Bread

in that order.




7 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling better and that the sun is shining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. You still have that sense of humour, Barbara. Everything feels better after you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A drama like this makes you focus in on your priorities! Hope the weather is now on the turn for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine beautiful sunshine. My Dad's blood sugar used to drop at night and he, too, made peanut butter sandwiches in his sleep. Jim's doesn't seem to drop which is a good thing. Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you and buddy are safe!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mother nature is such a drama queen. Hope her snit fit is over now for good. I saw on the news yesterday that shelters were flooding and people had to be re-evacuated and the nursing home residents up their waists in water. All just heartbreaking. I am glad you were relatively safe.

    I have toilet paper on my shopping list -- not for Harvey related reasons but because my grandson is coming this weekend. That kid goes through so much toilet paper I can't imagine. He must have the cleanest ten year old bum in the country.

    ReplyDelete