Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Emergency Food Supplies

I was reading this pin from Real Simple magazine on Pinterest. This article about being prepared, food wise, for the various weather-related problems we face does not reveal any great secrets but as I realized when I went to the grocery shopping before Hurricane Harvey and I walked around in circles, when you're in the middle or within reach of some weather disasters, it is not always easy to think what to do.

So I'm posting this article so you and I can both find it if and when we need it.  If this Winter is anything like this Summer has been, we are all going to need to be prepared, at least, in the most basic ways.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Barbara. Powdered milk is the one which stands out to me. It will be on the grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting list. I wondered why gaterade and then read the electrolytes. I hate that stuff but it makes sense. Thanks for the list. We were just talking about this after Harvey and then Irma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. There were things that I would not have thought of stocking because I don't generally use them, but you would want things that don't require elaborate preparation when under adverse conditions.

    ReplyDelete