Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, March 5, 2010

Sometimes I'm too brave for my own good.

Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away. ~Thomas Fuller How many mistakes have I made in my life because I was not afraid to face the consequences of my actions. I've certainly left unsatisfactory relationships and paid the price in pain and loneliness. I wasn't afraid to be on my own, to take care of myself, to raise my children, to pursue my goals but if I had been a little afraid could I have worked through the dissatisfaction. of a few of those relationships? I don't know. I don't think so but I have to wonder if I would have benefited in my personal relationships if I had been more afraid to run away. And certainly there are jobs I left because I was more afraid of being unhappy and unappreciated than I was of being unemployed. I know that by the happiness and fulfillment that some jobs gave me (thanks Bubba, Mike and Dan) that I needed the satisfaction of a job well done. I know that lawyers, like individuals in any other profession, can be bullies, self-centered and ungrateful employers. I know that they can drive you to tears or worse. I also know that they can be your (office) friend and encourage you to grow and learn and be the most you can be. For those reasons, I am glad that I was brave enough to leave those positions that did not add to my personal growth and happiness. I think my friends and family wish I was a little more fearful... afraid to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment