Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, April 18, 2010

Love is Doing Something When You Don't Feel Like It

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, The Happiness Project, and Gretchen introduced me to another blog I'm really liking, Penelope Loves List. I took this excerpt from Penelope's post entitled Love is Doing Something When You Don't Feel Like It.

My marriage to J is my second, and I know now that happy marriage isn’t luck, or sex, or even just promises of forever. It’s daily maintenance. Not “work”, because I don’t think marriage should feel like work, but maintenance. It’s paying attention and clearing a path for your partner through every day life.

Don't you think this exerpt holds true of all our relationships, especially family? Don't we owe our family and ourself the maintenance required to share a happy life and fill the scrapbook of our mind with fond memories? Photo via Haunt Spots Tours. If you like a good ghost story, click through and read this post. I don't know, I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment