Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, July 10, 2010

I was reading one of my favorites blogs To Be Luminous and Heidi had a list of some of her favs. I clicked through to a blog she suggested by the name of Dutch.British.Love. Yahoo. Another new favorite to add to my list. I can't emphasize enough to those of you who don't surf the blogs how many interesting blogs are floating out there in the internet. There are blogs on every subject, from every country, for every taste. Finding them is sometimes a task so let me suggest one of the ways I go about this. I often find that searching through the favorites or links on a blog you particularly like will introduce you to other blogs that will also interest you. Something like meeting a friend of a friend. The common ground those two friends have is often a common ground that the three of you can share. Sometimes not. Sometimes I'll link to a blog and think yes, this is nice, but I only have so much time to read blogs and as much as I might like this blog, I don't want to delete another blog I'm reading in order to add a new one to the list. Yes, I am a one in one out type of person. I try to limit the magazines I read, the television series I watch, the items I buy, etc. by trying out a new one and deleting an older one. Sometimes the new addition will be deleted quite quickly and another new one added. Sometimes the old one will be returned because I find I have missed it and, having become complacent about it before, I now find renewed love and enjoyment. I guess this goes back to my simple living philosophy. It also applies to my frugal living lifestyle. I try to limit the amount of things I buy according to this one in one out lifestyle. If I buy a new shirt, I try to donate one from my closet. Maybe the shirt is old and loved but I'm ready to let go for something new. Maybe the shirt I donate is new and I just didn't love it the way I thought I would when I bought it - so I let go. Anyway, back to the subject of this blog - my new love Dutch.British.Love. Sometimes I see a picture and it is the visual expression of a thought or feeling I have. That is exactly what I felt about the picture below I borrowed from Jadyn. The picture is a visual expression of how I feel about my life sometimes. Somedays it just feels old, ugly, downtrodden, as if you were living on the bottom rung of life. Then my guardian angel comes through and sprays a little paint and once again I see the joy and goodness, and the old graffiti is just pushed to the background.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for saying such nice things about it on yours! I love it that you used that picture and I love your thoughts about it!
    I like your "one in one out" philosophy. I try this, but I'm not always successful. Good for you for sticking to it! xo Jadyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, thanks for the link love! I'm glad you discovered Jadyn's blog . . . I refer to my blogging friends in conversation sometimes and one of the biggest questions I receive is, how do you find these blogs? You answered it perfectly right here! It's networking and trying things on for size. Lately I've been loving smaller, quality blogs over the big ones. They feel more authentic and personal.
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete