Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Tropical Storm Cindy

No, the storm has not arrived on the Texas Gulf Coast and, hopefully, will not, but you can feel that heaviness in the air.  I haven't started monitoring the weather channel but will rely on friends and family to tell me when to take it seriously.

One potential problem is the wind.  Even if we don't get heavy rains and flash floods, we could get strong winds.  I've already confessed that I haven't done a particularly good job of keeping my yard up this year.


I inherited some extra chairs from my daughter, which is great, but also means more items to put up before the winds move them around.  Then there are the bird feeders, wind chimes, hula hoops, doll buggys, etc. all over the yard.  I keep looking and making mental lists of the things I have to put up.  Problem is that the garage is full of the Grandson's things.



The other news is my little job is over.  They wanted to move my position to include receptionist.  Now I don't know about you but I can't hear over the telephone.  Let me clarify that.  I can hear if I use the speaker phone on my cell, turn on the extra loud button and hold it up to my ear if it is still not loud enough. Hahaha.  Sad but true.

Oh well,  anyone that grew up with Pollyanna (and Hayley Mills) as a role model knows that you just have to find the best in things.  I am happy to know that I was able to find my little job and receive such satisfaction.  Satisfaction can come in my shapes and I am sure I will find another one down the line.  Until then, I am glad for the happy days I had at my little job.


4 comments:

  1. Take care, Barbara.

    You enjoy working so much, I hope you find another job to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that the storm avoids your area and that another job comes along that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is to Cindy missing you completely - wind and all !!
    Sorry 'bout the job. Hope you find another if you wish to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure hope Cindy misses you completely. Sorry about the job but I'm sure it was meant to be and a better one is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete